Sunday, May 4, 2008

A bit of background...

How did I get into this mess beading?

Well, let me set the Way Back Machine to 1996...

I was working at a retail chain bookstore at the time. A store selling Italian beads, jewelry, and glass and handcrafted items from Venice and Murano opened in the mall.

I had just broken off my engagement at the time, and a friend and I were walking around the mall, and she said, "Why don't we take a class?"

I had never even considered it, and probably never would have, had she not said anything. Being that I now had extra time and money (now that I was no longer engaged, heh), I signed up.

The class was wonderful, and I enjoyed it tremendously. When I came home to show my mom the first piece of jewelry I'd ever made, she looked at it and said, "I hope this doesn't mean that you're going to start selling jewelry." Again, I had never even considered it, but that planted the seed in my head. Poor Mom.

Within six months I had taken five classes, started my business, and had my first consignment account.

No comments: