Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The key to my art

I've been really obsessed with keys and locks recently, partly due to Earthenwood Studios, and partly due to Green Girl Studios.

I picked up a set of keys from Green Girl, and a few of their keyhole components, and sat down and made a necklace, using antiqued chain and some fantastic enameled copper beads that I doubt I'll find again.



I made one for my sister-in-law, and liked it so much that I made two more. I know that this is a very simple piece, but for some reason it really appeals to me. I love the look of the enameled beads, and they remind me of a brilliant sunny day in AZ when I met the artist who made them.

I think I need to unlock something. My potential? My art? That locked drawer full of chocolate?

2 comments:

Mellisa said...

Such a pretty necklace! I love lock and key designs!

laurelmoon said...

Thank you so much, Mellisa! I appreciate your comment!