Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The garage is nearly empty.

A guy who stopped at the garage sale offered to buy everything that was left, and I accepted, and he stopped by and picked up most of it today. There are still a few bits and bobs left that he'll stop and pick up tomorrow, but overall, it's gone.

I am so excited. I feel like this is one of the final steps to really owning the house, in a way. And I feel like this is a new step forward in my own jewelry-making. I am very excited to experiment for the first time in ages, and I'll have the space to do so now.

I've also signed up for a few metalsmithing classes. I took one course ages ago in Birmingham, and it was terrific, but I just recently found a fabulous opportunity to take more, and I'm really excited about it. I'll be taking the classes with a friend, which makes it even more fun.

Even better, while preparing for the Arcadia Daze show this weekend, I discovered a tray full of jewelry in my organizer. Jewelry I had completely forgotten about. And quite a bit of it, too. I will have more jewelry for sale at this show than I've had in the past three years. I'm not certain anyone will really be interested in it--a lot of it is funky, Etsy style jewelry--but at least the displays will look very full. I'm pretty excited by this.

No comments: