Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's almost here

Tomorrow is the beginning of our garage sale.

I can't believe how much stuff we have to sell. It's astonishing. At least a hundred boxes of stuff from my husband's grandmother, plus a little of our own. And furniture. Decorations. You name it.

Over the six months we've lived here, I've grown increasingly unhappy with the state of the basement and the garage. I have been trying to unclutter my life, and I've managed to get pretty successful. I have only six or seven boxes of extra stuff that isn't displayed.

So moving here, and having to store all of the grandmother's things in the garage and basement, has been a bit difficult at times. I have a reasonably neat house (a little dusty at times, but still, it's not very cluttered) and I want to keep it that way. Having the basement so overflowing with stuff has been weighing on my mind.

I really hope that the sale attracts lots of people. I've advertised it on Craigslist, and I'm crossing my fingers that the traffic for the fair down the road will bring people in.

Really, I just want us both to be able to park our cars in the garage.

And maybe have a space where I can start experimenting with etching...

No comments: