Saturday, November 7, 2009

To do, or not to do

One thing I struggle with incessantly is trying to decide what to do next. It's a very simple question, of course, but there are so many possibilities that it can often overwhelm.

Yesterday I decided that this weekend should be All Jewelry All The Time, but today I find myself emptying the last few boxes leftover from the move--framed pictures and decorations. I wish I had done this before the garage sale, as I'm finding a few items that I'd like to get rid of. Still, it's good to do this, but there is no jewelry being made. Nor photographed.

I have been fairly motivated about listing a piece of jewelry each day in my Etsy jewelry shop over the last few weeks. I have missed a day or two, but overall I've managed to keep it up. I feel like I'm posting it to the void, most days, but at least the shop is starting to look full. I am getting to the end of my original set of items, though, and I really need to start making new things and, more importantly, getting the photos together so that I can continue listing them.

I'm trying to understand what I need to do to be where I want to be. I am always thinking in a million different directions and sometimes I wish a giant glowing arrow would descend and point me to the Correct Path.

No comments: