Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gifting treasures

One of the fun things about the holidays (at least, for me) is that I get to design jewelry for friends and family. I love giving jewelry as a gift, and if I can tailor something that I know they'll like, then I feel like I've really won the lottery.

This year, I made a necklace for my sister-in-law, and I really love how it turned out. I think the pearls and the Green Girl Studios coral pendant look great together. I might put together another of these for sale, because it just looks so nice. And when she put it on, it really came to life! I like the movement very much.

Coral pendant with pearls, necklace by Laurel Moon Jewelry

I also made her a pair of Steampunk earrings with links from Earthenwood Studio.

I made lots of other jewelry, too. A couple Swarovski bracelets for my mom, and a necklace out of fossil coral for my sister. I'm always excited to see how they'll react. It's a little nerve-wracking, too. I obsess over whether they like it or not.

I also tell them that they can give it back to me if they don't like it and I'll make something else for them. A recycling program, if you will.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You will never get this or the steampunk earrings back, EVER. Love them!

laurel said...

hee!! I'm so glad, sweetie! I thought you would like those. Enjoy!!