Thursday, July 10, 2008

Each new horizon

Right now I'm learning the ins and outs of SEO and blog searches. It's been rather interesting (if a little challenging).

Of course, it makes me think about the many different areas that small business owners and crafters have to conquer. Not only do we have to understand our craft and do it well, but we have to develop pricing formulas, design stationery, write our own press, and figure out invoices.

Every time I finally figure out a hurdle, there's a new one past the next hill. It's both aggravating and renewing. Without this constant stream of new skills to learn, I think I'd grow bored, despite my many thoughts of, "Why can't I just sit in a cave and bead?"

Each new language, each new adaptation, is a stone in our foundation, leading us to build the life we want.

No comments: