Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Impressed with Etsy

Even though I haven't put into action all of the things I'd like, I'm seeing a teeny bit of success with my Etsy listings even though it's only been a month.

I'm quite impressed with the hits that my pieces have been receiving! Clearly there is a large consumer base at Etsy, and they're quite happy to buy fun things.

Right now I have two lines of products there...low-end vintage beads/cabochons, and higher-end necklaces. I can't wait to put some of my fun bracelets and earrings up, but that will have to wait until after the next two shows--I don't want to pull any merchandise that I could sell at one of the shows.

What a lovely introduction to this wonderful site! I can't thank Earthenwood enough for pushing me in the right direction.

Even better, the customers seem really wonderful. I do like eBay, but sometimes it's very disheartening to see wonderful vintage pieces selling for $0.99; I'm quite happy to see that the mentality is a bit different at Etsy.

No comments: