Monday, February 28, 2011

Changes in the office

It isn't Bead Table Wednesday, but I do have a picture of my desk.

Why? Because I went temporarily insane on Saturday. I was goofing around, you see, and all of a sudden I was struck by the most intense desire to rearrange all of the furniture in my office. It was like lightning. I got goosebumps, and then I jumped up and started just--doing it.

There were two main reasons. 1) My rack of beads is in front of a window, and I don't want anything to fade. 2) I need more space to bead.

So I have relegated the desk I've used since I was thirteen to be the new printer desk. (Three printers, a scanner, and paper and speakers and bill racks...yes, I need an entire desk just for printers.) And now I'm using a higher desk with a bit more storage space for stuff.

Laurel Moon desk

I'm still getting used to having alllll this space. It's kind of luxurious. I can spread out a little more, and there's a teensy lip at the edge so beads don't roll off.

Even better? I'm using the keyboard drawer as my wire/tool stash! This, more than anything, has been a dream come true. I have waaaay too many pliers, and they took up so much room on top of the desk. Having them in the keyboard tray is fantabulous.

Laurel Moon desk drawer

I think the most momentous part of this rearranging is the decision to let the biggest desk be the jewelry desk. It's a renewed commitment of sorts.

I need to clean out my beads and get into the habit of making jewelry every day again. I think this is a good first step!

No comments: