Friday, March 4, 2011

Never-ending photography

I just realized that I am taking about 100 photographs a week. At least. Sometimes more like 200.

The beads, waiting for their closeup:

Laurel Moon tray o' beads

I've been steadily working on my photography skills. I've started using the manual settings on my camera, and fiddling with white balance and F stops and such. Someday I hope to get some new backgrounds, but for now the white cloth helps make leveling a snap using Photoshop's leveling feature.

Laurel Moon vintage German headpins

Jewelry is even trickier. There are high spots and low spots, and silver is so easy to overexpose.

Laurel Moon nautilus necklace

I have been trying to make my photos more visually engaging and increase the "texture" and focus in more strongly on the main elements. It's a challenge, definitely.

Photography is such a learning experience. I still have such a long way to go.

No comments: