Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dragon necklace

I bought a small handful of beautifully carved shell pendants years ago. There were dragon designs, birds, flowers...all with an Asian style. I put them away and would occasionally look at them.

There is a small cautionary tale involved in this story. Some of the pendants were made of white shell and featured dragons. And I was so tempted to use them, because it would be so easy to pair them with white pearls. So one night I started to pull out pearls, and it was then that I noticed that the "hole" at the top of each pendant was actually not a hole at all; it was just a small divot.

Sigh.

So I learned to always look very closely at my purchases before it's too late.

Fortunately, the other pendants had holes:

Asian dragon shell necklace by Laurel Moon

Here's my first attempt at a necklace. I like the grey hawkseye stone beads and the purple pearls, and the simplicity of the necklace and earrings. I might try to make something a little more complicated with the next one.

No comments: