Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

Bead Table Wednesday

A few times a year I buy large closeout lots. Several boxes full of bits and bobs and loose beads and stringing material and all sorts of unrelated things. And I go to work with my Ziploc bags and I bag everything that needs to be bagged. I pull out what needs to be put aside for eBay and Etsy, and what needs to be stashed, and what can be sold loose or on a strand. I price everything, bag everything, and put it all away.

First, though, it needs to be sorted.

Laurel Moon desk

I used to sort at the coffee table, with everything spread out everywhere. But now that I've switched desks around, I decided to try to use the new larger jewelry desk to sort. The results are mixed. On one hand, it means the office isn't quite so much of a disaster area, and we can still have dinner while sitting on the couch. But on the other hand, I haven't made anything because the desk is so overrun.

Last time I introduced you to my possibly stolen 1978 ruler. This time, you can clearly see the Super Aytinal Vitamins metal ruler. I'm not certain how I managed to get such a strange collection of rulers.

I'm getting to the end of the sorting, thankfully. I think I will have most of the desk cleared today. I'm going to hold off on stashing my personal stuff until I have a little more time, I think; I really want to get the desk cleared off so I can make some jewelry.

I am growing very fond of this desk, though. At first I wasn't so sure, but now that I've been using it for a little while, I really love it.

No comments: