Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

Another glimpse into my scary workspace!

Bead Table Wednesday

This is a bit of a cheat, as this picture was taken over the weekend, but it was an important part of my work cycle so I thought I'd include it.

Bead Table Wednesday, desk with pearls, Laurel Moon

This incredible pearl extravaganza was part of my pearl stash for years. These are offset baroque pearls, gorgeous and luminous. I've been hoarding them for ages and ages and I suddenly just realized that I have only used a bare handful. I haven't experimented with them yet, so when am I going to find time to experiment with them now?

So I decided to go ahead and just bag them and sell them. It took several tries, because I kept trying to think of things I could use them for, and I finally just said, enough! I posted a picture of them on my Laurel Moon Facebook fanpage and that forced my hand. With that picture up, I had to go ahead and bag them, and so I did.

My desk is clean again, with just a couple Green Girl Studios pendants hanging out, lingering in the daydream stage of what to do with them. Right now, though, I'm getting ready for the Madison, WI Art Glass & Bead Show on Saturday and Sunday, so they'll have to wait until I get back from my WI trip.

No comments: