Friday, July 1, 2011

The organization continues

I am in a state of flux.

A few months ago, I began a rather ambitious project. I decided that I was not happy with the way my office was organized. I literally got up one morning, sat down with my cereal, and was so overwhelmed with the need to change that I just...did it. At least, the big part of it, which meant moving nearly everything in the room.

(For those of you who need a bit of a mental image, I have four desks, a set of storage cubicles, a couch, a coffee table, a rack full of beads, a low cart with a TV, and a round table for shooting pictures, all in my office. Not to mention two floor lamps and three desk chairs. Thank goodness the room is big enough for all of this; in the apartment, I used to have to climb over the couch to sit down at my jewelry desk.)

I realized that my business was important to me, and that I needed to really invest in it with more than just money or time. I needed to invest brainpower. I needed to decide to make improvements based on efficiency. That's when I moved the desks and the bead rack. Certainly that was the most pressing need, and I'm glad that I did it.

However, I've realized that I need to do more. My old jewelry desk, which became the printers-scanner-bills desk, is just not adequate for this task. And I've run out of room in my chief organizational system, which is comprised of my twin Mini Stackables from the amazing Best Craft Organizer company.

Best Craft Organizer, Laurel Moon

I need a new desk system. I need more space. I've already checked out Ikea's website. I will be organized; this is my new battlecry. I'm getting busier and busier and I just can't do it without a good system in place.

My new Mini Stackable is on its way, and hopefully this is just the beginning of a new, more organized me!

No comments: